Walch Education provides a series of full courses and supplemental materials for students in grades three through twelve and beyond. From creative ways to teach new concepts to review and remediation, Walch Education publishes titles meant to make education fun and engaging.
Walch Power Basics Homeschool Curriculum
Ideal for use in both middle school and high school Walch’s Power Basics series includes textbooks, workbooks, practice books and assessment tools that provide a comprehensice program for students who need more support than can be found in traditional textbooks. The content-rich Power Basics books and ancillaries are designed to meet the diverse needs of students of all abilities and needs.
The senior author of this series, Robert Taggart, Ph.D., developed Power Basics specifically to address the needs of students not well served by traditional strategies and texts.
With Power Basics, students are exposed to reading and instruction in a textbook style, and must engage with what they are learning through on-line projects, critical thinking activities, and writing assignments.
Written at a lower reading level, these courses provided on-level content in an easy to understand format. When combined with the variety of projects, review assignments, and tests, students are able to truly grasp the concepts and material.
Walch Power Basics courses include:
- Earth Science
- American History
- American Government
- World Geography
- World History I, II, & III
- Basic English
- English Composition
- Basic Math
- Algebra I
Walch Educational Supplements
In addition to the Power Basics Full Curriculum, Walch provides academic solutions for the education community and continues to be a reliable resource for parents who choose to homeschool their children.
Walch supplements include:
- Daily Warm-Ups: Writing Features 180 activities that help build skills.
- Media Literacy Series interpreting, analyzing, movies, music, the Internet, and more.
- Math in Everyday Life, prepare learners to be financially independent with lessons on banking, budgets, etc.
- Daily Warm-Ups: Just a few minutes a day helps prepare your student for standardized tests
- Short Lessons in U.S. History high-interest lessons, activities for U.S. history, map activities, puzzles
- And many more titles that enrich your child’s educational program
Whether your at-home curriculum is traditional or alternative, you'll find a vast catalog of suitable titles ranging from core subjects to educational supplements that enrich your overall educational program.