Art is a wonderful expression of the beauty and soul of God’s Creation! It is also a science of color, texture, and perspective. It is also great fun when properly accomplished!
The ACE Beginning Art Curriculum from Accelerated Christian Education has Scripture as its foundation, fully integrating biblical principles, wisdom, and character-building concepts into education. Students move at their own speed through the self-instructional “PACE” workbooks. Quizzes and tests are included.
The ACE Beginning Art PACE Set includes all junior to senior high Beginning Art PACEs (73-84). No answer keys for this course.
Your student will learn about:
- The tools of art
- Line variation
- The color wheel
- Head shapes
- Focal points
- Flannel boards
- Pencil, charcoal, ink, and paint
Throughout the Beginning Art Paces (for junior high to high school students) your student will:
- Reproduce a number of illustrations in the course using pencil, charcoal, pen and ink, watercolor, tempera
- Sample the art of lettering
- Paint a color wheel
- Identify warm and cool colors and mixtures
- Use opposites on the color wheel successfully
- Mix colors to obtain the color needed
- Study line variation, design, and shape
- Use shading for depth and perspective
- Draw various textures effectively
- Learn to create well-balanced indoor and outdoor scenes, landscapes, and interiors
- Use stick figures to show action, indicate mood with facial expressions, and draw simple cartoons
- Understand how to make a flannel board, create flannelgraph backgrounds and story materials, and make posters
In ACE Beginning Art Unit 11, PACE 83, your student will learn:
- Lettering, the pens, and the styles
Teach your teen to visually express himself or herself with the ACE Beginning Art Curriculum from Accelerated Christian Education! Order today from Curriculum Express!