In this day of “txt-speak,” sound bites, tweets, and keyboards, your teen still needs to be able to read and write with comprehension and God-honoring style.
The ACE 8th Grade English Curriculum from Accelerated Christian Education has Scripture as its foundation, fully integrating biblical principles, wisdom, and character-building concepts into education. Students move at their own speed through the self-instructional “PACE” workbooks. Quizzes and tests are included.
The ACE 8th Grade English Curriculum includes 12 8th grade English PACEs (1085-1096). Answer keys sold separately.
In these PACEs, your student will:
- Review verbs and verb tenses, progressive form, and the emphatic mood
- Concentrate on diagramming pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositional phrases, compound subjects and verbs, and all four sentence patterns
- Expand noun functions in sentences-compound, collective, plural, possessive, and subject/verb agreement
- Develop five kinds of pronouns (demonstrative, relative, interrogative, reflexive, and indefinite), the three cases of personal pronouns (nominative, objective, and possessive), subject pronoun/verb agreement (number, person, and gender), and diagrams pronouns
- Review parts of speech
- Continue to develop writing skills which include topic sentences, outlining, and paragraph development
- Edit written paragraphs to ensure that correct grammar is used
- Recognize sentence fragments and run-on sentences
- Write several short biographical sketches
- Be encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE
In English Unit 1 (Pace 1085), students will:
- Review handwriting rules
- Learn to identify the subject and verb
- Distinguish between sentences and sentence fragments
- Identify and diagram all four types of sentences, compound subjects, and verbs
- Learn the character trait of consistency
Teach your student the English skills necessary for meaningful communication with the ACE 8th Grade English Course from Accelerated Christian Education. Order today from Curriculum Express!
You must be logged in to post a review.