Ancient Achievements is designed as a bridge from the Skill Development Stage to the Word Extension stage of spelling. Students will read about ancient places and events with a gradually increasing reading level. Students will continue to improve their basic spelling skills while learning interesting new facts about words in preparation for more advanced study of spelling patterns.
- Features nonfiction stories about long ago, covering themes such as cave paintings, Viking ships, and Marco Polo.
- Involves the three core activities for Spelling You See:
- Chunking – provides hands-on experience with English’s many irregular letter patterns
- Copy work – requires the brain to pay attention to details in print
- Dictation – gives an opportunity for student to demonstrate decoding and encoding in a meaningful context
- Includes a new Spotlight activity designed to introduce students to interesting facts about words, call attention to how endings are added to words, and show how learning word relationships can help with spelling.
- Gradually increases in reading level, providing opportunities for vocabulary development and allowing students to learn how to spell words in an interesting context.
- Includes 36 weekly lessons divided between two books; each lesson has five parts, A through E.
- Has daily activities consisting of two facing pages.
The Ancient Achievements Universal Set includes:
- Level F: Ancient Achievements Student Workbook Part I, 183 pages, softcover.
- Level F: Ancient Achievements Student Workbook Part II, 183 pages, softcover. Both are consumable, non-reproducible workbooks.
- Instructor’s Handbook, 70 pages with glossary, softcover, 9.25″ x 8″.
- One set of Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils (set of 10).
Please take the Readiness Assessment if you are unsure is your student is ready for this course – https://spellingyousee.com/getting-started/
Ancient Achievements Sample Lesson
You must be logged in to post a review.