Highlights of this edition include:
- Explores a variety of marine ecosystems and organisms
- Detailed descriptions of a multitude of marine organisms that inhabit various ecosystems from estuaries to deep-sea trenches
- Ecosystem organization that fosters a clear understanding of the oceans’s intricate web of life
- Builds critical-thinking, science process, and problem-solving skills
- Engages student interest with easy-to-understand explanations and vivid, full-color photographs
- Printed in full color and includes dozens of marine biology photographs
Walch Education provides a series of full courses and supplemental materials for students in grades 3 through 12 and beyond. From creative ways to teach new concepts to review and remediation, Walch Education publishes titles meant to make education fun and engaging.
Walch Power Basics Homeschool Curriculum
Ideal for use in both middle school and high school, Walch’s Power Basics series includes textbooks, workbooks, practice books, and assessment tools that provide a comprehensive program for students who need more support than can be found in traditional textbooks. The content-rich Power Basics books and ancillaries are designed to meet the diverse needs of students of all abilities and needs.
The senior author of this series, Robert Taggart, Ph.D., developed Power Basics specifically to address the needs of students not well served by traditional strategies and texts. With Power Basics, students are exposed to reading and instruction in a textbook style, and must engage with what they are learning through online projects, critical-thinking activities, and writing assignments.
Written at a lower reading level, these courses provide on-level content in an easy-to-understand format. When combined with the variety of projects, review assignments, and tests, students are able to truly grasp the concepts and material.
Walch Power Basics Courses Include:
Earth Science; Biology; Chemistry; Physics; American History; American Government; World Geography; World History I, II, & III; Basic English; English Composition; Basic Math; Algebra I; and Geometry.
Walch Educational Supplements
In addition to the Power Basics Full Curriculum, Walch provides academic solutions for the education community and continues to be a reliable resource for parents who choose to homeschool their children. Whether your at-home curriculum is traditional or alternative, you'll find a vast catalog of suitable titles ranging from core subjects to educational supplements that enrich your overall educational program.