The Alpha Universal Set from Math-U-See will cover these major concepts and skills:
- Understanding place value
- Extending the counting sequence
- Fluently adding all single-digit numbers
- Solving for an unknown addend
- Understanding the relationship between addition and subtraction
- Fluently subtracting all single-digit number
This Set Includes:
- Instruction Manual, 198 pages, hardcover.
- Instructional DVD
- Student Workbook, 442 perforated, softcover. Non-reproducible; consumable workbook.
- Test Booklet, 80 perforated, softcover. Non-reproducible; consumable resource.
- Integer Block kit with 133-pieces in a cardboard storage box/carrying case.
- Lifetime access to Alpha Digital Pack, which includes the Skip Count Songs MP3s and Songbook PDF.
Alpha Sample Lesson
Math-U-See offers a unique instructional approach that makes it easier for instructors (parents, teachers, and tutors) to help students progress in mastering fundamental math skills and concepts.
Math by Manipulatives
Math-U-See's simple but powerful set of colorful manipulatives allows abstract math concepts to be represented in clear, relatable ways. These manipulatives, combined with distinctive strategies presented through videos, textbooks, practice, systematic review, and assessments, guide students from concept to concept as they build a solid understanding of mathematics.
Mastery, Not Grade Level
Because the focus is on understanding math concepts, the curriculum is not organized traditionally by grades; rather, Math-U-See is a skills-based program that focuses on student mastery of a concept before progressing to the next concept. Please take the Readiness Assessment if you are unsure what course your student should take.