In this day of “txt-speak,” sound bites, tweets, and keyboards, your teen still needs to be able to read and write with comprehension and God-honoring style.
The ACE English IV Curriculum from Accelerated Christian Education has Scripture as its foundation, fully integrating biblical principles, wisdom, and character-building concepts into education. Students move at their own speed through the self-instructional “PACE” workbooks.
In these PACEs, your student will:
- Be introduced to the different periods of British literature
- Build a vocabulary notebook
- Improve writing skills in exposition, description, narration, and persuasion
- Learn about parallelism
- Write character trait stories and answer essay questions accurately
- Review and practice grammar- capitalization and punctuation
- Use the dictionary as a reference tool
- Learn about denotation and connotation
- Paraphrase and write summaries while reading The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge and Silas Marner by George Eliot (special edition)
- Analyze Shakespeare’s life and Macbeth
- Continue the study of speech – topic selection, preparation, speaking methods, and speech delivery
- Be encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE
In ACE English IV Unit 2 (Pace 1134), students will:
- Read and evaluate British literature from the Tudor period
- The eight parts of speech
- The eight noun functions
- The seven basic sentence patterns
This unit is one in a series of twelve colorful, independent study, mastery-based units of instruction and includes direct instruction to the student as well as all necessary quizzes and tests. Answer keys sold separately.
Teach your student the English skills necessary for meaningful communication with the ACE English IV Course from Accelerated Christian Education. Order today from Curriculum Express!