Explode The Code Book 1 introduces students to the sounds of short vowels. The exercises begin with short a and then follow with short i, short u, short e, and short o. Students practice blending sounds to read and write CVC words. In addition, several review lessons are included.
- Short a
- Short a with final consonant sounds
- Short i
- Short u
- Short e
- Short o
Explode The Code Book 2 introduces students to the sounds of initial and final consonant blends. The exercises begin with beginning l blends and progress through to ending blends. Students practice blending sounds to read and write one-syllable words. In addition, several review lessons are included.
• Initial blends (bl, cl, fl, gl, sk, sl, pl, cr, dr, gr, br, fr, pr, tr, sm, sn, sp, st, sw, tw)
• Ending blends (mp, sk, st, fr, lt, nt, lf, lp, nd, nk)
The Explode The Code Teacher’s Guide and Key, Books 1 & 2, expands on the skills presented in the student books, providing teachers with various options for instruction and reinforcement. The wide variety of activities may be adapted for whole-class, small-group, and one-on-one learning situations. Each lesson addresses the principles of effective reading instruction and follows the same easy-to-use format:
- Quick review/link to prior knowledge
- Phonemic and phonological awareness
- Completing student pages
- Differentiating instruction
- Post-test keys for Books 1 & 2
Explode The Code® has helped millions of students nationwide build the essential literacy skills needed for reading success: phonological awareness, decoding, vocabulary, comprehension, fluency, and spelling.