Plants are all around us, pointing to the heavens in more ways than one! Exploring Creation with Botany, the award-winning homeschool elementary science curriculum from Apologia, presents a scientifically sound and God-honoring study of botany for children grades K through 6.
Content covered includes the nature of botany and the process of classifying plants. It then discusses the development of plants from seeds, the reproduction processes in plants, the way plants make their food, and how plants get their water and nutrients and distribute them throughout the body of the plant. Narration and notebooking encourage critical thinking, logical ordering, retention, and record keeping.
- The nature of botany
- The process of classifying plants
- Development of plants from seeds
- Reproduction processes
- The way plants make their food
- How plants get their water and nutrients and distribute them throughout the body of the plant
Students make illustrations for each lesson and are given notebook assignments to reinforce what they learned.
Notebook assignments include:
- Collections of plants
- Labeling the parts of a flower
- Making a comic book story of a bee pollinating a flower
- Making bark rubbings
- Identifying leaves
The activities and projects use easy-to-find household items and truly make the lessons come alive!
- Making a light hut in which to grow plants
- Dissection of a bean seed
- Growing seeds in plastic bags to watch the germination process
- Making a leaf skeleton
- Observing how plants grow toward light
- Measuring transpiration
- Forcing bulbs to grow out of season
- Forcing pine cones to open and close
A creationist worldview is stressed throughout, and God is glorified as the Master Creator of all that the students are studying. Creation Confirmation provides evidence for young-earth creationism. Teach your child the importance of plants and how they fit into Creation and reflect the glory and wisdom of God. Order Exploring Creation with Botany by Apologia from Curriculum Express today!
You must be logged in to post a review.