Handwriting is still a key foundational skill for literacy development. Zaner-Bloser Handwriting is a complete program that can be taught in as little as 15 minutes a day.
- It uses academic language and modeling with fewer, more specific stroke descriptions than other programs.
- Zaner-Bloser Handwriting teaches a vertical manuscript alphabet that approximates the letter forms most widely used in environmental print, unlike other programs’ alphabets, to better promote literacy development.
- Zaner-Bloser Handwriting meets the needs of all students by teaching in the correct developmental sequence and allowing for differentiation, based on learning style, language acquisition, and motor development.
The Zaner-Bloser Handwriting: Kindergarten offers:
- Easy step-by-step instruction
- Meaningful practice and application
- Colorful, fun activities
- Letter models with arrows to show stroke sequence
- Green starting dots that show students where initial strokes begin
- Space to practice writing letters, words, and sentences directly beneath models that both left- and right-handed students can easily see
- Stop-and-check signs to remind students to self-evaluate their letters
- Stroke descriptions to guide letter formation at home.
The Review page in each section gives students another opportunity to practice, review, and develop automaticity. The Application page at the end of every section provides writing practice that connects to other curricular areas.