Give your students the structured practice and instruction they need to become strong writers without losing the creative spirit that makes writing fun! Paragraph Writing from Evan-Moore is jam-packed with activities that provide students with practice writing narrative, descriptive, how-to, and compare and contrast paragraphs. There is a variety of activities to support students’ varied learning levels, styles, and interests. With resources such as transparencies and a trait-based writing guide, you have everything you need to provide students with motivating writing practice!
You’ll love Paragraph Writing because it:
- Supports 6-Trait writing: voice, organization, word choice, conventions, ideas, and sentence fluency
- Comes with eight e ready-to-use transparencies
- Contains multiple lessons at varied difficulty levels
- Introduces students to important paragraph writing skills, from topic sentences and supporting details, to using an outline or web diagram
- Integrates writing across the curriculum. Students practice their writing skills in science, social studies, and math
- Inspires reluctant writers. Motivating topics and delightful illustrations make writing fun!
- Correlates with state standards
Students progress through a variety of activities:
- Part I: Parts of a Paragraph
Students learn about main idea, topic sentences, and supporting details
- Part II: Paragraph Forms
Narrative, descriptive, how-to, and compare/contrast paragraphs.
- Part III: Planning Paragraphs Using a Web
Organizing sentences within paragraphs and paragraphs within reports
- Part IV: Planning Paragraphs Using an Outline
Organizing more advanced paragraphs and reports using outlines
- Part V: Paragraph Writing Center
Engaging writing center activities
- Part VI: Paragraph Writing Across the Curriculum
Writing different kinds of paragraphs on science, social studies, and math
Give your students the practice they need to become strong writers! Use Paragraph Writing from Evan-Moore with your class…order from Curriculum Express today!