Every page provides a new and interesting activity that will help your child:
- Think outside the box and use higher-order thinking skills through open-ended questions and challenges
- Tap into his or her creativity with art projects and hands-on activities
- Become a better learner by practicing critical-thinking skills in cross-curricular activities (based on science, math, social studies, and language arts content)
The 100+ activities are organized around these first-grade themes:
- Animals: Cats and Dogs; Giraffes and Elephants
- Plants: Trees and Flowers; Fruits and Vegetables
- Transportation: Cars, Trucks, and Buses; Planes and Trains
- Places: The Playground and the Beach; Home and School
Grade 1 activities include puzzles, word problems, drawings, and matching that involve critical-thinking skills such as:
- Create, and more!
Plus, each page lists the critical-thinking skill(s) so you know what your child is practicing. Use Skill Sharpeners: Critical Thinking for enrichment at home and help your child become a confident problem solver!
Includes answer key.