History can seem dry, dusty, and irrelevant. World history, moreover, can be overwhelming. Where does one start?
The Story of the World from Peace Hill Press is an award-winning resource for families looking for a history curriculum they can fall in love with. Told in the straightforward, engaging style that has become Susan Wise Bauer’s trademark, this four-volume set covers the sweep of human history from ancient times until the present.
This read-aloud series is designed for parent-teachers to share with elementary school children. Enjoy it together and introduce your child to the marvelous story of the the world’s civilizations.
Activity Book Volume III: Early Modern Times (1600 to 1850) works with the revised edition of the Story of the World text, offering parents and teachers a complete history curriculum.
This engaging story tells world history in a compelling, fun, way. Who was the Sun King? How did samurai become sumo wrestlers? What was the Black Hole of Calcutta? And why was a California town named Ground Hog Glory?
Activity Book Volume III contains:
- Comprehension questions and answers
- Sample narrations
- Maps and geography activities
- Coloring pages
- Lists of additional readings in history and literature
- Plenty of simple, hands-on activities — all designed for grades 1-4
- Activities for each chapter in The Story of the World:
- Color a picture of Captain Cook in Botany Bay
- Design an Ottoman pattern
- Play the Battle of Bunker Hill board game
- Pan for gold
Blow the dust off history studies and order The Story of the World by Peace Hill Press from Curriculum Express today!