History can seem dry, dusty, and irrelevant. World history, moreover, can be overwhelming. Where does one start?
The Story of the World from Peace Hill Press is an award-winning resource for families looking for a history curriculum they can fall in love with. Told in the straightforward, engaging style that has become Susan Wise Bauer’s trademark, this four-volume set covers the sweep of human history from ancient times until the present.
This read-aloud series is designed for parent-teachers to share with elementary school children. Enjoy it together and introduce your child to the marvelous story of the the world’s civilizations.
Activity Book Volume III: Early Modern Times (1600 to 1850) works with the revised edition of the Story of the World text, offering parents and teachers a complete history curriculum.
This engaging story tells world history in a compelling, fun, way. Who was the Sun King? How did samurai become sumo wrestlers? What was the Black Hole of Calcutta? And why was a California town named Ground Hog Glory?
Activity Book Volume III contains:
- Comprehension questions and answers
- Sample narrations
- Maps and geography activities
- Coloring pages
- Lists of additional readings in history and literature
- Plenty of simple, hands-on activities — all designed for grades 1-4
- Activities for each chapter in The Story of the World:
- Color a picture of Captain Cook in Botany Bay
- Design an Ottoman pattern
- Play the Battle of Bunker Hill board game
- Pan for gold
Blow the dust off history studies and order The Story of the World by Peace Hill Press from Curriculum Express today!
You must be logged in to post a review.