The Student Notebook for Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 3rd Edition, helps your student:
- become more independent in his or her study of science
- learn to be an effective note-taker
- develop the skills to correctly create a lab report
What’s Inside the Exploring Creation with Biology, 3rd Edition, Student Notebook
We specifically designed this high-quality spiral-bound notebook to help your student make a successful transition to high school science. This homeschool resource will help them feel accomplished and be more independent, organized, and prepared.
This notebook works in conjunction with the textbook. There are pages where students record their notes and responses to all of the On Your Own questions. At the end of each module, Study Guide questions help the student review the materials and prepare for tests. In addition, The experiments in the textbook are in the Student Notebook to ensure students get the most from this lab credit course.
There are materials found only in the Student Notebook that walk students through the entire process of designing and performing their own experiments. This includes determining a problem they wish to understand, formulating a hypothesis, devising a test with both dependent and independent variables, as well as a control group; performing their test, analyzing data; reporting results, and deciding if their hypothesis is validated.
Note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their ideas.
Additionally, a student notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not entirely understanding it. Effective note-taking provides the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia Student Notebooks are designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note-taking.
The notebook contains:
- A Suggested Daily Schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Pages to record answers to the On Your Own questions
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text, which will help your student master the process of writing a formal lab report
- “Design Your Own Experiment” sections, which walk students through the steps involved in designing and conducting their own experiments