Ironically, technology has made it possible for everyone to have a say and publish his or her thoughts. Sadly, as communication increases, the proper use of grammar and writing skills seems to decrease. Your student needs to learn to express himself or herself properly.
English Composition I from Accelerated Christian Education is a college course that studies the fundamentals of English composition, including:
- Correct word usage, commonly misused words, useless words and phrases, overused expressions
- The classification of nouns, forming plurals, and making nouns possessive
- Personal pronouns and their proper uses in sentences and clauses, with emphasis on avoiding common errors
- Verb and noun agreement, verb tenses, voice, types of verbs, and verb moods
- Adjectives and adverbs — types, forms, derivations, usages with correct and incorrect examples
- Conjunctions and prepositions, giving a solid understanding of their nature and uses
- Punctuation, both ending and internal, with special uses of the dash, quotation marks, apostrophes, and parentheses
- The mechanics of writing, handling the tools properly — abbreviating, hyphenating, and numbering
- A review of all the previously covered parts, discussing the making of sentences, paragraphs, and compositions
In this seventh of a series of ten independent study, mastery-based PACEs of instruction, the student will learn:
- To write sentences that emphasize the words most deserving of emphasis and avoid common errors in sentence construction
- To write paragraphs that employ sentences with consistency in type, tense, number, person, mood, voice
- That are coherent
- That emphasize the sentences most deserving of emphasis
- To write compositions that meet high standards of content, organization, style, and mechanics
English Composition I includes direct instruction to the student as well as all necessary quizzes and tests.
Teach your student the vital skills of writing and expressing thoughts in a God-honoring, intelligent way with English Composition I from Accelerated Christian Education! Order today from Curriculum Express!
You must be logged in to post a review.