Ironically, technology has made it possible for everyone to have a say and publish his or her thoughts. Sadly, as communication increases, the proper use of grammar and writing skills seems to decrease. Your student needs to learn to express himself or herself properly.
English Composition I from Accelerated Christian Education is a college course that studies the fundamentals of English composition, including:
- Correct word usage, commonly misused words, useless words and phrases, overused expressions
- The classification of nouns, forming plurals, and making nouns possessive
- Personal pronouns and their proper uses in sentences and clauses, with emphasis on avoiding common errors
- Verb and noun agreement, verb tenses, voice, types of verbs, and verb moods
- Adjectives and adverbs — types, forms, derivations, usages with correct and incorrect examples
- Conjunctions and prepositions, giving a solid understanding of their nature and uses
- Punctuation, both ending and internal, with special uses of the dash, quotation marks, apostrophes, and parentheses
- The mechanics of writing, handling the tools properly — abbreviating, hyphenating, and numbering
- A review of all the previously covered parts, discussing the making of sentences, paragraphs, and compositions
In this ninth of a series of ten independent study, mastery-based PACEs of instruction, the student will:
- Be able to use correct end punctuation (period, exclamation point or question mark) in a sentence
- Use correct internal punctuation (comma, semicolon or colon) to indicate the extent and emphasis of pauses necessary for clarity
- Use correct internal punctuation (dash or parentheses) to emphasize or de-emphasize information effectively
- Use quotation marks correctly with the exact words of others and with words that have special meanings
- Use apostrophes to indicate omission of letters or numerals
English Composition I includes direct instruction to the student as well as all necessary quizzes and tests.
Teach your student the vital skills of writing and expressing thoughts in a God-honoring, intelligent way with English Composition I from Accelerated Christian Education! Order today from Curriculum Express!
You must be logged in to post a review.