In this day of “txt-speak,” sound bites, tweets, and keyboards, your teen still needs to be able to read and write with comprehension and God-honoring style.
The ACE English I Curriculum from Accelerated Christian Education has Scripture as its foundation, fully integrating biblical principles, wisdom, and character-building concepts into education. Students move at their own speed through the self-instructional “PACE” workbooks. Quizzes and tests are included.
The ACE English I Curriculum includes twelve 9th grade English I PACEs (1097-1108). Answer keys sold separately.*
In these PACEs, your student will:
- Learn about the history of the English language
- Practice using the dictionary, thesaurus, concordance, encyclopedia, and the library
- Review outlining
- Write a biographical sketch and answer essay questions
- Continue to review and write with verbs — action/linking, transitive/intransitive, active/passive voice, tenses, progressive form, and emphatic mood
- Read and analyze The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss and Twice Freed by Patricia St. John*
- Learn the parts of a book
- The elements of a short story and a novel
- Chronological order, spatial order, and order of importance
- The exposition, complication, and resolution of story plots
- Diagram simple, compound, and complex sentences
- Be introduced to new vocabulary words
- Identify and use the literal and figurative meanings of words and understand word derivations
- Write a composition unified by a single coherent thesis with a consistent tone and focus
- Demonstrate an understanding of sentence construction by correctly using clauses, phrases, and the mechanics of punctuation
- Be encouraged in character development through examples given in each PACE
*Two books are required to complete this curriculum (both sold separately):
- The Swiss Family Robinson
- Twice Freed
In English I Unit 3 (Pace 1099), students will learn:
- Verbs — action/linking, transitive/intransitive, active/passive voice
- To use troublesome verbs correctly
- To use verbs effectively in writing
- The character trait of truthfulness
Teach your student the English skills necessary for meaningful communication with the ACE English I Course from Accelerated Christian Education. Order today from Curriculum Express!
You must be logged in to post a review.