In this day of “txt-speak,” sound bites, tweets, and keyboards, your child still needs to be able to read and write with comprehension and God-honoring style.
Using the ACE English III Course from Accelerated Christian Education, your student will:
- Identify sentence fragments, run-ons, and complete sentences
- Study different periods of American literature
- Recognize and review grammar
- Continue to build knowledge of capitalization and punctuation rules
- Increase writing skills
- Descriptive, narrative, expository, and persuasive elements of a paragraph
- Plan and write an essay.
- Develop setting, character, and plot for a short story
- Research, plan, and write a term paper in a step-by-step process
- Verify and clarify facts presented in other types of expository texts by using a variety of consumer, workplace, and public documents
- Read In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon and answer questions
- Study excerpts from The Oregon Trail
- Characteristics of satire, parody, allegory
- Pastoral themes used in poetry, prose, plays, novels, short stories, essays
- Other basic genres
- Be encouraged in character development
In English III Unit 1 (PACE 1121), students will learn how to evaluate literature and identify and distinguish among complete sentences, sentence fragments, and run-on sentences. They will also read and evaluate American literature from the Colonial Period.
This unit is one unit in a series of twelve colorful, independent study, mastery-based units of instruction and includes direct instruction to the student as well as all necessary quizzes and tests.
Answer keys sold separately.
Teach your student the English skills necessary for meaningful communication with the ACE English III Course from Accelerated Christian Education. Order today from Curriculum Express!