Missions is the mission of the church. It is the means by which the Gospel is spread and worshipers are made. It is the fulfillment of the Great Commission from our Lord!
In Introduction to Missions from Accelerated Christian Education, a full-year course designed to encourage students considering missions as their ministry and give them exposure to heroes of the faith from around the world, students will:
- Be introduced to worldwide missions
- Gain an appreciation of what has helped shape the path of mission work
- Read Peril by Choice by James Hefley, the story of John and Elaine Beekman, missionaries to Mexico and Guatemala
- Read Peace Child by Don Richardson, the story of Don and Carol Richardson, missionaries to what is now Irian Jaya
- Read Beyond the Next Mountain by Mawii Pudaite, the story of Rochunga Pudaite, native of India, who translated the Bible into the Hmar language
- Read C.T. Studd by Norman Grubb, the story of C.T. Studd, missionary to China, India, and Africa
- Read The Triumph of John and Betty Stam by Geraldine Taylor, the story of John and Betty Stam, missionaries to China
- Read Give Up Your Small Ambitions by Michael Griffiths, a book that assumes that we have given up our “small ambitions” and are pressing toward the mark of the great ambition: the “high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
- Read Flagellant on Horseback by Richard Ellsworth Day, the story of David Brainerd, missionary to United States Indians in early colonial days
In this sixth of six PACEs, students learn:
- To apply the lessons learned to their own life
- How to write an essay or complete a project
By studying various missionaries, their challenges and their missions fields, students are challenged to see God’s hand in missions throughout the world.
The Introduction to Missions course is a series of six independent study, mastery-based units of instruction, and includes direct instruction to the student as well as all necessary quizzes and tests.
There is a lot to learn and a lot to do to reach the lost once your child is inspired by Introduction to Missions from Accelerated Christian Education! Order today from Curriculum Express!