Wild Tales will continue your student’s journey through the Skill Development stage.
In Wild Tales, your child:
- Reads interesting nonfiction passages about animals.
- Reads the passage with the instructor each day. Guided reading helps readers of all ability levels become familiar with the passage.
- “Chunks” the appropriate letter patterns indicated for that day’s lesson.
- Will complete 36 lessons, divided into two books for ease of use. Each of the lessons is divided into five parts, A through E. One daily lesson consists of two or four facing pages.
- Will have opportunities for copy work, free writing, and writing from dictation throughout the week.
Wild Tales Universal Set includes:
- Level C: Wild Tales Student Workbook Part I, 207 pages, softcover.
- Level C: Wild Tales Student Workbook Part II, 219 pages, softcover. Both are consumable, non-reproducible workbooks.
- Instructor’s Handbook, 52 pages with glossary, softcover, 9.25″ x 8″.
- One set of Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils (set of 10)
Please take the Readiness Assessment if you are unsure is your student is ready for this course – https://spellingyousee.com/getting-started/
Wild Tales Sample Lesson
Levels of Spelling You See
Spelling You See's carefully designed approach empowers instructors (parents, teachers, and tutors) to help students develop skills and confidence in spelling through an effective, engaging, low-stress learning experience. Developing confidence in spelling skills contributes to developing effective written communication skills, which are important for success in higher education and adult life. Also, this successful approach can foster a student’s lifelong love of learning that transfers to all subject areas.
The Learning Format
Spelling You See’s consistent format guides students through the five essential activities: listening, reading, chunking, copywork, and dictation (presented at the appropriate developmental stage). These activities help students transfer the correct spellings of common words they see in print to long-term memory, enabling them to eventually be able to reproduce the correct spellings in their everyday writing. Lessons are limited to short daily sessions to keep interest and enthusiasm high. There are no word lists to memorize and no weekly tests. Spelling You See is a program based on years of research into how students learn to spell. Students become effective communicators as they grasp the proper spelling of words in the English language.
Please take the Readiness Assessment if you are unsure what course your student should take. Click here to view the different levels of Spelling You See.
You must be logged in to post a review.