The activity book is organized into 15 theme-based units around topics that kindergarteners enjoy, such as dinosaurs, pirates, and toys. Each unit focuses on a grammar concept and punctuation concept, and includes:
- A reading selection – A short fiction or nonfiction text engages children and presents the concept or skill in context.
- Rule boxes – Grammar and punctuation rules are made simple with a short explanation, and clear examples help to teach the skill.
- Colorful practice activities – A variety of activities include fun illustrations to motivate your child to practice the grammar and punctuation skills.
- Riddles and word games – Your child will use critical thinking skills while applying the targeted grammar or punctuation skill in a fun format!
- Writing practice – The “Write It Right!” page encourages your child to use the skills in context, which further promotes understanding.
- Review page – The short review activity is a great way to check your child’s understanding.
The grammar concepts for kindergarten include:
Punctuation concepts for grade kindergarten include:
- Upper- and lowercase letters
- Question marks
- Exclamation points
Additional skill practice:
- Letter formation
- Sight words
- Simple sentences
- Word recognition
Skill Sharpeners: Grammar and Punctuation engages your child in learning important grammar and punctuation rules. It’s ideal for enrichment at home and in the classroom, for homeschooling, and for English language learning.
You must be logged in to post a review.