World’s Story 1 guides students in a trip around the world as they study history from Creation to the Roman Empire.
In The World’s Story 1, your student will:
- See God’s hand and redeeming love at work from the very beginning
- Meet biblical patriarchs, judges, prophets, kings, and historical figures from Scripture (including Abraham, Joseph, David, and Esther), as well as other important characters from history like Hammurabi, Alexander the Great, and Julius Caesar
- Study ancient civilizations spanning the whole globe, including the Sumerians, Egyptians, Babylonians, Chinese, Celts, Nubians, Nazca, Persians, Greeks, and Romans
- and so much more!
The World’s Story 1 is designed to be easy to use. It guides your student through an exciting adventure through world history as they:
- Learn to retell history through the use of oral and written narration
- Sketch their way through historical scenes
- Create their own maps
- Compile and study timelines
- Study artifacts from ancient civilizations affirming the accuracy of Scripture
The World’s Story 1 brings history alive for students in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, the author interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible events and civilizations that shaped ancient world history. The course is approximately 30 to 45 minutes per lesson, five days per week, and is designed for grades 6 through 8 as a one-year history course.
The World’s Story 1 Set includes:
- Full-color The World’s Story 1 Student Textbook featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
- The World’s Story 1 Teacher Guide, which features
- convenient daily schedule; student worksheets for narration (oral and written), sketching, map adventures, and timelines; optional Digging Deeper activities; special project ideas; review sheets and answer keys; and three-hole-punched, perforated pages for convenience.