Good citizenship is not only vital to getting along in our country, it is a fulfillment of the Romans 13 mandate to honor the authorities God puts over us!
The ACE Civics Curriculum from Accelerated Christian Education has Scripture as its foundation, fully integrating biblical principles, wisdom, and character-building concepts into education. Students move at their own speed through the self-instructional “PACE” workbooks. Quizzes and tests are included.
The ACE Civics Curriculum consists of six 12th grade* Civics PACEs (1133-1138). Answer keys sold separately.**
In these PACEs, your student will study:
- The historical foundations of American Civics
- The Biblical, Greek, Roman, and Anglo-Saxon governments
- Types of church governments
- Origins, structures, functions, and limitations of state and local governments
- The reasons and results of the Reformation and the influence of the philosophies of the Enlightenment on today’s culture
- The historical, social, and economic conditions that led to the Declaration of Independence
- The Articles of Confederation
- Constitution ratification
- The colonial and modern meaning of separation of church and state
- The structures and functions of the national government
U.S. Civics Unit 4 (PACE 1136) discusses:
- Structures and functions of the national executive and judiciary
- Tthe process of electing a President of the United States
*This home study course can be taken at any point in a student’s high school career.
**Optional resource book: The Federalist Papers by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay.
Teach your teens to be good, God-honoring citizens with the ACE Civics Course from Accelerated Christian Education. Order today from Curriculum Express!