What will students learn in the writing and grammar curriculum?
- To create clear, coherent, and well-developed communication using written, spoken, and visual language
- To apply the grammar, usage, and mechanics of standard English to language composition
- To compose narrative, informative, and argumentative texts using the writing process
- To use the research process to explore authentic questions and topics
- To apply biblical worldview themes (empathy, logic, virtue, and discernment) to communicative tasks
8th Grade English Curriculum Features
- A logical teaching cycle for parent-led homeschooling
- Graphic organizers to improve understanding
- Rubrics for grading
- Oral and written activities for application of skills
- Notebooks for tracking individual progress
- Writing and grammar toolboxes
- Researched writing assignments
Benefits of Writing & Grammar 8 for Your 8th Grader
The 8th grade English curriculum builds on the foundations of grammatical understanding to prepare students for learning more complex grammatical structures and to use what they know in writing and speaking. Students will find mentor texts that provide models of excellent writing. Illustrations and photos also help foster student engagement when teaching difficult concepts. Most importantly, students will learn how effective communication aligns with a biblical worldview.