American history comes alive in America’s Story 2. Students experience the struggle of the fledgling American nation as she strives to resolve conflict, reconstruct after division, expand through the Wild West, and join the world in the Industrial Revolution. America’s Story 2 brings history alive for students in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, O’Dell interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible events and characters that shaped American history from the Civil War through the early 1900s.
In America’s Story 2, your student will:
- Learn the story behind the Missouri Compromise
- Meet Abraham Lincoln and encounter the struggling nation he faced
- Encounter the woman who helped found the Red Cross and learn her amazing story
- Experience the difficulties America faced during the Reconstruction Years
- Celebrate the 100th birthday of America and experience the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair
- Join the adventure of exploring the Wild West
- Imagine the struggles and hopes immigrants felt and faced as they arrived in America at Ellis Island
- and so much more!
For grades 3 through 6.