If your student thinks a “diphthong” is an article of clothing and “silent letters” are text messages, it’s time to learn about etymology!
The ACE Etymology Curriculum from Accelerated Christian Education has Scripture as its foundation, fully integrating biblical principles, wisdom, and character-building concepts into education. Students move at their own speed through the self-instructional “PACE” workbooks. Quizzes and tests are included.
The ACE Etymology Curriculum includes twelve 9th grade Etymology PACEs (1097-1108). Answer keys sold separately.
In these PACEs, your student will:
- Identify root words and write their meanings
- The Latin and Greek origins and the history of the English language
- Review the word study of homonyms, synonyms, and antonyms
- Expand on the functions of suffixes
- Review phonics rules: special sounds, silent letters, digraphs, and diphthongs
- Develop grammar comprehension: parts of speech and their functions
- Build on the character trait examples
In Etymology Unit 10 (PACE 1106), students will learn:
- Why some words have silent letters
- Spelling words that come from the root “grade” and “gress”
- Meanings of the roots “tect,” “text,” “techne,” and “gresse”
- The character trait of truthfulness
Words mean something, so teach your teen how to use them with the ACE Etymology Course from Accelerated Christian Education. Order today from Curriculum Express!
Accelerated Christian Education offers individualized homeschool core curriculum from preschool through college preparatory levels in Math, English, Social Studies, Science, Spelling and Vocabulary, as well as various electives for all grade levels.
Self-Instructed Program--No Lesson Plan Required!
The ACE curriculum program is one of the most easily administered programs available to homeschooling parents. The program is self-instructional for the student, and requires almost no preparation time on the part of the parent. Instead, the primary job of the parent is supervising, motivating, and grading the tests completed by the student. There are no lesson plans to prepare with this program!
Lessons with Biblical Values
Integrated into each course are Biblical truths and character-building principles that provide the Christian homeschooling student with a strong grounding in the Bible. A non-denominational program, ACE avoids specific doctrines and instead focuses on the truths evident in Scripture. Students are challenged to be honest, to have integrity, to encourage one another, to respond with respect, and much more.
Student Becomes Master
Each Accelerated Christian Education text is broken down into 12 colorful workbook-style units of study that are presented with a mastery approach. Therefore, students not only receive initial instruction but review each skill and/or principle several times to ensure mastery and retention.