Proper care for the body takes more than just grabbing a handful of whatever is convenient and gulping it down. Growing teens need to learn how to eat for good health.
The Nutrition Science series is a practical, common-sense study of nutrition based on biblical concepts. It is ideal for individual study, schools, ACE schools, homeschools, or a small-group study. Nutrition Science includes projects and recipes.
Nutrition Science Set covers:
- Developing Good Daily Habits
- Importance of a Balanced Diet
- Seven Major Nutrients Found in Food
- Planning Your Eating
- The importance of drinking plenty of water
- Good and bad fats
- Best ways to include fiber in your diet
- Whole Grains
- Starches – complex carbohydrates
- Sweets – simple carbohydrates
- Animal and vegetable proteins
- Principles of combining proteins
- Ways to prepare beans
- Vitamin deficiency diseases
- Fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins
- Minerals – macro minerals and trace minerals
- Using vitamin knowledge in your daily habits
- Variety Vegetables
- Favorite Fruits
- Lifetime weight control
The Nutrition Science Pace Set includes all paces. Nutrition Science is designed to provide a half-year credit in Science, Health, or Home Economics.
Teach your high school student the importance and joy of healthy eating with Nutrition Science. Order today from Curriculum Express!